Adam Charles Kokesh (1 February 1982) is an Antistatist and Libertarian who has advocated for an "orderly Dissolution of the federal Government [of the united States]" and who says his only Leader is "Truth, Love and Joy". Adam stated on 1 January 2017 that he plans to run for "Not-President" in 2020, something he has talked about doing since 18 July 2013 during an Interview with Fox News after he loaded a Shotgun on Freedom-Plaza in DC on 4 July 2013 as an Act of what he called "civil Disobedience".
- 1 Early Life and Education
- 2 Time in the Military
- 3 Cancelled armed March on Washington, DC
- 4 Identity/Religion
- 5 Residence
- 6 What he has said about what
- 7 Protest against John McCain
- 8 Relationship with Macey Tomlin, a.k.a. Macey Oehlenschlager
- 9 2016
- 10 2017
- 11 2018
- 12 Books cited
- 13 References
Early Life and Education
Adam is the Son of Santa Fe, New Mexican Businessman Charles R. Kokesh, who won a Supreme-Court-Case on 5 June 2017 in a 9-0-Ruling against the SEC, which had charged that he had stolen $34.9 Million from Investors between 1995 and July 2007. Adam's Mother was "vaguely liberal", his Father "vaguely conservative". Adam graduated from Native American Preparatory School in 2000. He received a Bachelor's Degree at Claremont-McKenna-College, where he majored in "Psychology" and Government.
Time in the Military
"[I] did six and a half Years as a Reservist, about three Years of Active-Duty-Time within that, including a Tour in Fallujah in 2004. And I went to Iraq to help People. I was against the Invasion, was ... pro Occupation, because I thought that what we were doing was cleaning up our Mess. And I genuinely went there and volunteered to go in civil Affairs, because I wanted to help People. And I ended up doing some truly horrific Things while I was in Iraq, including torturing People. And in a Way, I consider my Activism a Penance for unforgivable Sins."
Adam was deployed to Fallujah, Iraq from February to September of 2004, during which Time he was with the 3rd Civil-Affairs-Group A Month before getting out of the Marines he was demoted from Sergeant to Corporal for bringing a Pistol back from Iraq. Because of his military Service, he is 70 Percent disabled. After getting out of the Marines, Adam joined Iraq-Veterans against the War (IVAW).
Cancelled armed March on Washington, DC
Adam had planned an armed, peaceful March on Washington, DC on 4 June 2013, but he decided against it and instead asked People to march on their respective State Capitols, with the Purpose of demanding that each State secede from the Union. More than 5,000 People had planned to attend the cancelled March in DC. They had initially planned to peacefully march from Virginia to DC via the Arlington-Memorial-Bridge with Firearms on their Persons and in full View, an Act that would be illegal under DC-Law. Adam issued a Statement that if the federal Government did not dissolve itself by 4 July 2014, it might have a Revolution on its Hands: "Should one whole year from this July 4th pass while the crimes of this government are allowed to continue, we may have passed the point at which non-violent revolution becomes impossible."
Adam has described himself as a "Jew against the Anti-Defamation-League". He has said: "I've just sort of had this nagging Suspicion in the Back of my Mind that the Anti-Defamation-League has never really been about looking out for the jewish People." He feels the ADL is too quick to cry Foul and accuse People of being antisemitic. Adam has considered converting to Islam "again".
What he has said about what
Prior the US' presidential Election 2016, Adam said he thought Donald Trump is "fun to watch, 'cause he's stirrin' Things up", but does not "have any Faith in his Integrity" because of what he perceives as evolving Views. He likes the Fact that Donald is against the Establishment, less Interventionist and "has talked about Iraq and 9/11 a little more in Line with what we [Adam and others] would like to see". Notwithstanding this, he had no Plans to vote for him.
@Sibkiss @jafloresito I tortured people, but very mild by comparison and it wasn't my job.— Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) December 10, 2014
His Campaign for Not-President 2020
Right. Us libertarians are changing that, but I think most Americans already agree that theft is wrong. As President, I would eliminate all federal taxation.— Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) December 26, 2017
I wouldn't. That's the point. My platform is to dissolve the entire federal government leaving 50 states, territories, and native nations completely sovereign.— Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) December 26, 2017
Don't think I can dissolve the entire federal government with a single executive order?— Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) July 25, 2017
Hold my beer.#KokeshForNotPresident
It seems that "anti-semitism" (Zionist word for criticism of Israeli gov't) goes up with dead children. What a shock!— Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) August 6, 2014
I support Israel ... getting the therapy it so desperately needs. Racism, nationalism, & militarism are mental disorders.— Adam Kokesh (@adamkokesh) August 10, 2014
These are some of the Things Adam has said about Statism:
- "Statism is the ideology of turning to organized force to solve problems better solved through peaceful persuasion."[i]:III. STATISM
- "Statism is the dominant paradigm today because most of us are in denial or ignorant of its true nature."[i]:III. STATISM
- "[R]ight now we are on the Verge, on the Cusp of a major Shift for Humanity, that we are about to go through this Transition of abolishing the State."
Protest against John McCain
Adam was "escorted from the 2008 Republican National Convention for unfurling an anti-war banner during Sen. John McCain's acceptance speech."
Relationship with Macey Tomlin, a.k.a. Macey Oehlenschlager
In 2014, Adam met Macey Tomlin (8 July 1990), a.k.a. Macey Oehlenschlager, online on Twitter after she tweeted at him from Wisconsin and said: "I love yuh and all you stand for". At the Age of 4, Macey lost all her Toes on her right Foot except her big Toe when her Grandfather ran over her Foot with a Lawnmower. Two Months after meeting Adam, Macey proceeded to sell her Car, Home (or sort of gave it away, she says) and Possessions and moved in with him.
Two Months into the Relationship, Macey says, she was working for him "like a Slave" 40 Hours or more a Week for 40 Dollars a Week. "About that Time he started pressuring me for Threesomes and I was open to that, I was open to the Idea, but not so soon in the Relationship", she says. He started being controlling in what she could consume, such as prohibiting her from drinking Coffee or eating Sugar, and what she was doing with her Time.
Eventually, she decided she would be willing to do a Threesome, which they did with a "barely 18-Year-old". Macey found it heartbreaking that he was more intimate with the 18-Year-old than with her. When she told him how she felt, he said: "It's like you bought me a Ferrari for my Birthday and then scratched the S**t out of it".
Some Time after this, on 8 July 2015, Macey's Birthday, they got engaged. On 4 January 2016, after visiting Adam's Family in Colorado for New Year's Eve, they were driving through a Snowstorm. At first, she was driving, but she found it so stressful, he offered to take over. What ensued was a "12-Hour-, stressful Ride" to Arizona.
Adam was dissatisfied with the Relationship, that she "didn't initiate Sex enough", Macey says. She was using her "Phone as an Escape for a While". In July 2016, Macey, still Adam's Fiancée, took five Weeks off from Freedom-Ranch, away from Adam, to connect with Nature, Life and "the Divine". Sometime after this, in 2016, she left Adam, after a Friend of hers told her she sounded "like an abused Woman".
In April 2017, after doing some Ayahuasca-"Ceremonies" and going to Peru, Macey made a Video apologising to Adam and said she had taken down a Video. "It was wrong of me to try to hurt his Reputation", said Macey.
In February of 2016, Adam attended Anarchapulco, an annual Conference whose Tagline that Year was: "The World's first and largest anarcho-capitalist Conference". At some Point during the Conference, Adam asked Milo Yiannopoulos: "If you have realised these fundamental Truths about the State, what legitimate Functions do you see still that could possibly justify the coercive Monopoly that has come to be known as Government?" Milo replied that one of the Things he didn't like was the Way he felt the anarchist World "talks about the Military" and that he believed in the Enforcement of Borders, but that he didn't think the State should be involved in Education, Healthcare or "most of the Things they're in". "I do see a reasonable Case for, um, some national Infrastructure and for Defence", Milo added.
In February 2017, Adam attended Anarchapulco again, where he was scheduled to speak. One of the other Speakers was Lauren Southern, whom Adam asked the Question: "Why aren't you an Anarchist yet?".
Protest against Donald Trump's 59-Missile-Strike in Syria and subsequent Interview
On 10 April 2017, Adam protested Donald Trump's 59-Missile-Strike in Syria on 6 April 2017, which killed 9 Civilians, including 4 Children. He was released from DC Central Detention Facility on 15 April. During an Interview that Day, he said that he was in Fallujah in 2004 and that he tortured People, adding that he now has to live with this and that now People who participated in Donald Trump's Strike have to live with their Decision to obey his Orders.
Arrest in Wise County, Texas
While on his Way to the Northamerican Bitcoin-Conference in Miami, Florida on 16 January 2018, Adam was arrested in Wise County, Texas on 16 January 2018 and charged with Possession of a controlled Substance Penalty-Group 1 and 2, Possession of less than 2 Ounces of Marijuana and Tampering with Evidence. He got out of Wise-County-Jail on the 25th.
- [i] ^ I II Adam Kokesh (3 June 2014). "Freedom!" Amazon Digital Services LLC. Page Numbers Source ISBN 1508814775.
- http://www.co.wise.tx.us:81/JailingDetail.aspx?JailingID=57736. Click on "Jail-Records", enter Name and search.
- @adamkokesh. twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 28 September 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "Adam Kokesh Destroying Statism One Brick At A Time with Josh Sigurdson". youtube.com. 27 August 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2016.
- Elias Isquith (12 June 2014). "Libertarian pundit Adam Kokesh defends Las Vegas shooters for 'not necessarily unjustified violence'". salon.com. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- Timothy Johnson (29 May 2013). "Adam Kokesh Calls Off Armed March On D.C. In Favor Of 50 State March For 'Orderly Dissolution Of The Federal Government'". mediamatters.org. Retrieved 17 September 2016.
- "8/23/11 Full show -- East Coast Quake, Net Neutrality, Media Blackout on Ron Paul". AdamVsTheManRT YouTube Channel. Published 23 August 2011. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Jeff Berwick, Adam Kokesh (1 January 2017). "Adam Kokesh on Running For Non-President, Relationships and 10 Days of Ayahuasca". 2:30. YouTube. "TheAnarchast". Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Carl Mirra (2008). "Soldiers and Citizens: An Oral History of Operation Iraqi Freedom from the Battlefield to the Pentagon (Palgrave Studies in Oral History)". P. 43. First published in 2008 by Pallgrave MacMillan. ISBN 978-0-230-60155-0.
- "Kokesh, Adam". ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Claremont McKenna College". wikipedia.org. Retrieved 19 October 2016.
- "Augustus Invictus: Debate with Adam Kokesh". 1:45:25. The Revolutionary Conservative YouTube Channel. Published 4 September 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Charles D. Brunt, Oliver Uyttebrouck (5 September 2010). "Iraq War Stories: Adam Kokesh". abqjournal.com. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "Fox News Interviews Adam Kokesh from Jail". 19 July 2013. Retreived 19 October 2016.
- "The BA Experience #2 - Richard Spencer vs. Adam Kokesh". YouTube-Channel The BA Experience. Streamed live on 20 March 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- George Donnelly (23 August 2011). "Adam vs The Man: Canceled!" morelibertynow.com. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- Adam Kokesh (8 February 2012). "Jew(s) Against the Anti-Defamation League". youtube.com. Retrieved 16 September 2016.
- "The BA Experience #2 - Richard Spencer vs. Adam Kokesh". YouTube-Channel The BA Experience. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "Adam Kokesh, Luke Rudkowski on Donald Trump, Solutions to the 2 Party System". youtube.com. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- Anarchapulco 2016. anarchapulco.com. Archived from the Original on 2 February 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Milo Yiannopoulos at Anarchapulco 2016: Deconstructing Political Correctness on University Campuses". 21:52. YouTube. 21 September 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Thank You For A Wonderful Anarchapulco 2017! Get Ready for Anarchapulco 2018!" YouTube. Anarchapulco. 7 May 2017. Retrieved 11 June 2017.
- "Adam Kokesh Asks Lauren Southern: "Why Aren't You An Anarchist Yet?" YouTube-Channel World Alternative Media. Published 27 February 2017. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- Jenny Awford, Maryse Godden, Tom Gillespie, James Beal, Nick Parker (8 April 2017). "RUSSIA REACTS Putin sends warship to Syria and vows to bolster Assad’s air defences as images reveal destruction wreaked by Trump’s 59 missile-strong gas revenge blitz". thesun.co.uk. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- Alan Yuhas, Nadia Khomami, Jamie Grierson, Claire Phipps (7 April 2017). "Syria bombing: US says Russia bears responsibility for Assad's gas attack – as it happened". theguardian.com. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Activist Adam Kokesh Speaks Out Following White House Arrest". 0:00. YouTube. News2Share. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 7 April 2017.
- "Activist Adam Kokesh Speaks Out Following White House Arrest". 1:08. YouTube. News2Share. 17 April 2017. Retrieved 17 April 2017.