Donna Brazile is a political Analyst and Author.
Leaves CNN after WikiLeaks-Leak
While working for CNN as an Analyst, Donna sent Hillary Clinton advance Notice of Questions she was going to be asked during her presidential Campaign. Donna resigned from CNN on 14 October 2016, three Weeks after WikiLeaks made the Information public. In November 2016 Donna was unapologetic, saying that her Conscience was "very clear" and adding: "[I]f I had to do it all over again, I would know a H*** of a Lot more about Cybersecurity." In a "Time"-Magazine-Article on 17 March 2017, of which she was the Author, she wrote: "My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen. But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret."
Considered making Joe Biden the democratic presidential Nominee in 2016
In her Book "Hacks: The Inside Story of the Break-ins and Breakdowns That Put Donald Trump in the White House", Donna states that while she was Interim-DNC-Chair during Hillary's presidential Campaign in 2016, she considered replacing Hillary Clinton, whose Running-Mate was Senator Tim Kaine, with the then Vice-President Joe Biden, whose Running-Mate was Senator Cory Booker, as the Democratic Party's presidential Nominee, but, she writes: "I thought of Hillary, and all the women in the country who were so proud of and excited about her. I could not do this to them". Donna believed Hillary's "campaign was badly mismanaged, took minority constituencies for granted and made blunders with 'stiff' and 'stupid' messages", writes Philip Rucker of "The Washington Post". Donna alleges being "disrespected" and "told three senior campaign officials, Charlie Baker, Marlon Marshall and Dennis Cheng, that she was being treated like a slave". She told them: "I'm not Patsey the Slave", adding: "Y’all keep whipping me and whipping me and you never give me any Money or any Way to do my d**n Job. I am not going to be your Whipping-Girl!".
- DAVID A. GRAHAM (2 November 2017). "Donna Brazile's Curious Account of the 2016 Election". theatlantic.com. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- Dylan Byers (31 October 2016). "Donna Brazile out at CNN amid leaks to Clinton campaign". cnn.com. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- Callum Borchers (7 November 2016). "Donna Brazile is totally not sorry for leaking CNN debate questions to Hillary Clinton". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Donna Brazile (17 March 2017). "Donna Brazile: Russian DNC Narrative Played Out Exactly As They Hoped". time.com. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- Philip Rucker (4 November 2017). "Donna Brazile: I considered replacing Clinton with Biden as 2016 Democratic nominee". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 4 November 2017.