Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton (born Hillary Diane Rodham on 26 October 1947 in Chicago, Illinois), also known as Hillary Rodham Clinton, was a 2016 candidate for the uS-Presidency. She launched her presidential campaign on 12 April 2015, her second presidential run. Her first attempt was in 2008. Hillary had attempted to market herself as a populist: "Everyday Americans need a champion, and I want to be that champion." Being the wife of the 42nd President of the united States, Bill Clinton, she is a former First Lady of the united States. She lost to Donald Trump, a billionaire with no previous political or military experience. Pundits and polls alike had predicted a win for her. On 26 October 2016, she was so confident she was going to win, she had tweeted to herself: "Happy birthday to this future president." She "blamed" FBI director James Comey, who had been reviewing whether or not she should be prosecuted over the content of emails she sent over a private email server during her tenure as Secretary of State, for the outcome of the election. Just before the election, Hillary and her husband Bill had a serious quarrel over her blaming James for her lackluster poll numbers, during which Bill tried to convince her that she needed to focus more on the economy and expressed his displeasure over her constant attacks on Donald Trump. She also made the assertion after the election that hacks of her emails were ordered by Vladimir Putin, who she says had a "personal beef" over her statements in 2011 that elections in Russia had been rigged.
- 1 Faith
- 2 Presence at Donald Trump and Melania Knauss's wedding
- 3 2016
- 4 References
Hillary is a practicing Methodist and was raised Methodist. When asked about faith during her 2016 campaign by Jessica Manning, a Catholic voter, Hillary said she felt that "the most important commandment is to love the Lord with all your might and to love your neighbor as yourself" and that that love is demonstrated in caring for "the poor, visiting the prisoners, taking in the stranger, creating opportunities for others to be lifted up". She said she believed "that in many areas judgment should be left to God" and was "in awe of people who truly turn the other cheek all the time."
Presence at Donald Trump and Melania Knauss's wedding
Hillary attended the wedding of Donald Trump and Melania Knauss in January 2005 at Donald's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida. Donald has said: "She had no choice [but to attend] because I gave to a foundation."
Information leaked by WikiLeaks
If we are to believe that all of the emails leaked by WikiLeaks are authentic, all of the following would be true:
- Hillary has accused the governments of Saudi Arabia and Qatar, where the US has a military base, of funding ISIS in an email she sent to John Podesta. As a side note, the Clinton Foundation received donations from the Qatari government that year, 2014.
- John Podesta sent Hillary an email with the subject line "Needy Latinos and 1 easy call". In October 2016, John admitted he wrote this email and claimed the Russian government hacked into his email account and revealed this information to give Donald Trump a boost.
- Hillary's staff made anti-Catholic and anti-Southern statements.
- Hillary is extremely cozy with both Tony Blair and the Rothschild family. She "asked Tony Blair to go to Israel" as part of their "full court press on keeping the Middle East negotiations going". She says to the Rothschilds: "'Let me know what penance I owe you." Hillary begs the Rothschilds for forgiveness in this email because Tony had previously been scheduled to be at Aspen, Colorado with the Rothschilds.
- Nick Merrill, Hillary's traveling press secretary, in an email discussion on 17 March 2016 about a piece that subsequently ran in the New York Daily News on 27 March wrote: "I know we have Erica Garner issues but we don't want to mention Eric at all? I can see her coming after us for leaving him out of the piece." Erica Garner endorsed Bernie Sanders and was critical of Hillary. Her father, Eric Garner, an illegal loose cigarette vendor, died in a police chokehold on 17 July 2014 on New York's Staten Island.
- Donna Brazile sent Hillary advanced notice of questions she was going to be asked during her presidential campaign. Donna resigned from CNN on 14 October 2016, three weeks after WikiLeaks made the information public. In March 2017, Donna admitted she sent these emails, stating that "sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret."
Hillary claims she created the email address email@example.com after her time as Secretary of State. She claims the only email address she used during her time as Secretary of State was firstname.lastname@example.org. The people at factcheck.org think she may be telling the truth about that. Hillary's campaign has stated: "We are not going to confirm the authenticity of stolen documents released by Julian Assange who has made no secret of his desire to damage Hillary Clinton." Jennifer Palmieri, Hillary's communications director, has accused Russia of being involved in the leaks.
The conspiracy theory that Hillary suggested a drone strike on Julian Assange
It is a known fact that Hillary is no fan of Julian Assange. She has described one of WikiLeaks' leaks as an "attack on American foreign policy interests". According to a conspiracy theory being floated on the website truepundit.com, Hilllary once asked: "Can we just drone this guy [Julian Assage]?" WikiLeaks has also tweeted that Hillary wanted to kill Julian with a drone attack. When asked about this in an interview with Fox 5 DC, Hillary's campaign manager Robby Mook refused to comment, saying:
- Uh, you know, I [laughs], I'm, I'm reticent to comment on anything, uh, that the WikiLeaks people have said, they've, they've made a lot of, uh, accusations in the past. You know, Donald Trump, uh, and his allies are trying to do everything they can to, to change the debate here right now. Donald Trump failed at the [first presidential] debate, he became completely unwound, was tweeting at 3:00 a.m., uh, making wild accusations of his own against the former Miss Universe and against Hillary Clinton. They gotta find some way to change this up and they're trying to do that by doubling down on conspiracy theories. Uh, again, that's their choice to make, we're gonna keep talking about what Hillary Clinton is gonna to do to make a real difference in peoples' lives.
WikiLeaks has tweeted:
Statement on the alt-right
In a speech in Reno, Nevada on 25 August 2016, Hillary Clinton asserted that "Breitbart News" and Donald Trump were on the same side: "The de facto merger between 'Breitbart News' and the Trump Campaign represents a landmark achievement for the alt-right."
Marine Le Pen's anti-endorsement of a Hillary Clinton presidency
Marine Le Pen, the leader of the French party the Front national, has said: "For France, anything is better than Hillary Clinton. Anything but Hillary Clinton. Because I think Hillary Clinton means war. Hillary Clinton means devastation. It means world instability."
- Daniel Horowitz (25 August 2016). "Hillary Clinton: The pioneer of the 'Alt-Left'". conservativereview.com. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- "Hillary Rodham Clinton". whitehouse.gov. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- Nancy Hendricks (28 July 2016). "Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton". encyclopediaofarkansas.net. Retrieved 13 October 2015.
- "Hillary Clinton". biography.com. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- "Hillary Clinton". nbcnews.com. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Hunter Walker, Dylan Stableford (8 November 2016). "Trump wins presidency in stunning victory". yahoo.com. Retrieved 09 November 2016.
- Adam Edelman (26 October 2016). "Hillary Clinton tweets 'Happy birthday to this future president' — to herself". nydailynews.com. Retrieved 31 December 2016.
- Luciana Lopez, Ginger Gibson (12 November 2016). "Clinton blames FBI's Comey for her defeat in call with donors". reuters.com. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Ed Klein (15 November 2016). "EXCLUSIVE: Blow up! Days before losing the election Hillary and Bill had a screaming match over who to blame for her flagging campaign - the ex-president so angry he threw his phone off the roof of his Arkansas penthouse". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Amy Chozick (16 December 2016). "Clinton Says 'Personal Beef' by Putin Led to Hacking Attacks". nytimes.com. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Emma Margolin (22 June 2016). "Donald Trump’s History of Questioning Others’ Religion". nbcnews.com. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- Amy Chozick (25 January 2016). "Hillary Clinton Gets Personal on Christ and Her Faith". nytimes.com. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- Chris Spargo (1 March 2016). "PICTURED: Frenemies Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump smile and embrace at his 2005 wedding to Melania at Mar-a-Lago". daily.co.uk. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- "Mar-a-Lago". wikipedia.org. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- Geoff Earle (12 October 2016). "Clinton secretly accused Saudi Arabia and Qatar of funding ISIS - and said 'US and Western intelligence' were sources for email leveling the charge". dailymail.co.uk Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Maryalice Parks (13 October 2016). "Campaign Chief John Podesta Asked Hillary Clinton to Call 'Needy Latinos', According to Wikileaks Email". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Ben Wolfgang (12 October 2016). "Clinton campaign mocks Catholics, Southerners, 'needy Latinos' in emails". washingtontimes.com. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- Claire Bernish (19 October 2016). 'WikiLeaks Show Rothschilds Grooming Clinton for Presidency — Months Before She Launched Candidacy'. thefreethoughtproject.com. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Whitney Webb (19 October 2016). "Hillary Clinton Begs Forgiveness From Rothschilds In Leaked Email". Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Adam Edelman (27 October 2016). "Erica Garner blasts Clinton campaign over discussions staffers had about her father’s death in WikiLeaks emails". nydailynews.com. Retrieved 27 October 2016.
- Dylan Byers (31 October 2016). "Donna Brazile out at CNN amid leaks to Clinton campaign". cnn.com. Retrieved 11 November 2016.
- Donna Brazile (17 March 2017). "Donna Brazile: Russian DNC Narrative Played Out Exactly As They Hoped". time.com. Retrieved 25 March 2017.
- Eugene Kiely (22 May 2015). "Clinton’s 'Secret' Email Accounts". factcheck.org. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Paul Blake (13 October 2016). "Clinton's Relationship With Banks Detailed in Purportedly Hacked Emails". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 13 October 2016.
- Joe Barnes (4 October 2016). "SHOCK Julian Assange video emerges of US government FURY: was there a plot to kill him?" express.co.uk. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Under Intense Pressure to Silence Wikileaks, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Proposed Drone Strike on Julian Assange". truepundit.com. 2 October 2016. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- Ritika Gupta (4 October 2016). "Robby Mook Refuses to Comment on Clinton's Drone Strike on Assange Remark". newsmax.com. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- 'The Hill' staff (25 August 2016). "FULL SPEECH: Hillary Clinton links Trump to 'alt-right' in Reno". thehill.com. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- David Wright (1 September 2016). "Marine Le Pen: 'Anything but Hillary Clinton'". cnn.com. Retrieved 15 October 2016.
- "Marine Le Pen". frontnational.com. Retrieved 16 October 2016.