(Redirected from Mike Cernovich)
Michael "Cerno" Cernovich (17 November 1977) is a Journalist, Documentary Film Maker, Lawyer and Author of the Book "Gorilla Mindset", "a manual for Men who want to 'unleash the animal' within them" that he self-published in 2015. The Group Hope not Hate considers Mike to be a Proponent of the Alt Light. Mike considers himself Centre-Right and New Right. According to "Salon", Mike "once self-identified as being alt-right but now no longer does". Mike called himself Alt Right until about the Start of 2016, "back before the Alt Right became all about Neonazism", he says.
- 1 Early Life and Identity
- 2 Personal Life
- 3 Military Service
- 4 Accused of Rape
- 5 Seth Rogen's Wife makes sexual Comment to Mike
- 6 What Mike says about what
- 7 2017
- 8 2018
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Early Life and Identity
Mike grew up "in the Middle of Illinois, [in a small Town where there is] nothing but Cornfields and Soybean-Farms". He says everyone hates Illinois, "because we're all Redneck, Backwoods, you know, hateful, bigoted People". He has said: "Growing up I was also kind of a fat Kid, got bullied a lot, got picked on. Then I got into martial Arts and, you know, started beating up the People who bullied me and created that little Conflict Cycle, got that out of my System."
Mike has said he is Jewish. In a Periscope Broadcast on 9 August 2017, he said:
- How many People are more productive than I am? ... That's why People were able to find out that I'm jewish, because how productive I am, you know, I'm a very good Representation of my People, so to speak. So I'm very, very proud to set an Example of what one Person can do ... Yeah, everybody knows I'm jewish ... it's not like a big Percentage, but, whatever. Whatever, I'll own it.
Mike is married to Shauna, born to "secular Persian Muslims who left Iran before it became a theocracy". On 6 December 2016 at 8:38 p.m., Shauna gave birth to their Daughter Cyra, who weighed in at 6 Pounds, 11 Ounces.
- I'm a Graduate of Officer Candidate School, I served nine Years in the National Guard/Army Reserves, honourably discharged, resigned my Commission ... I did all my Service ... I started off enlisted, I did Basic Training, I did AIT and I never deployed, but I've never claimed to be more than I am.
Mike joined the National Guard when he was 17 in order to attend Basic Training before graduating Highschool. He did Basic Training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma and says he was assigned the Military Occupational Specialty 31U. His Officer Candidate School Class was 44-99, which would make it the 44th Class to graduate in 1999.
Accused of Rape
In 2003, Mike was accused of Rape. He says: "My case was bogus. I slept with the Girl on the Living Room Floor while her best Friend was in the Room." He says that the Judge once said to his Lawyer: "Think about what the Media would say if I dismissed this Case!" The Rape Charge was dropped and he was charged with Misdemeanor Battery. He did Community Service and his Record was later expunged.
Seth Rogen's Wife makes sexual Comment to Mike
On 10 October 2015, Lauren Miller Rogen, the Wife of Seth Rogen, made a sexual Comment to Mike on Twitter. Seth had tweeted to Mike that he whined "about how hard it is being a white dude". Mike tweeted back: "Your wife won't f*** you. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha." Lauren then tweeted to Mike: "Well, she definitely would f*** you!" Mike replied: "Thanks, Lauren, but I want you and Seth to work things out first. If not, call me!" He later wrote an Article about it on his Blog dangerandplay.com. Lauren deleted her Tweet, but it was archived.
What Mike says about what
Andrew "Weev" Auernheimer
Controlled Opposition and the Right
Mike is a bit of a Conspiracy Theorist when it comes to People that are on the Right like him. He believes that Hailgate was something Richard Spencer staged with the End Goal of discrediting Donald Trump. Mike holds the View that Richard is controlled Opposition and that "the Alt Right has been taken over by controlled Opposition". He believes Richard is too smart to have done what he did during Hailgate sincerely. The Part that bothered him the most was that Richard said: "Hail Trump!" This is Mike's Idea of controlled Opposition:
- If you want to defeat a Movement, you let it be taken over by People who'll then do what you tell them to do ... who'll then do what you tell them to do. So Glenn Beck has long been controlled Opposition for Conservatism. Ben Shapiro is controlled Opposition for Conservatism. Richard Spencer is controlled Opposition for, he's a Media, he's owned by the Media. Richard Spencer is owned by the Media, maybe even, maybe he even has Government Connections.
Clinton's inner Circle
On 3 November 2016, Mike wrote on his Website dangerandplay.com: "Clinton’s inner circle includes child traffickers, pedophiles, and now members of a 'sex cult'". It's unclear whether Mike is talking about Hillary or Bill, as he talks about both of them later in the Article, which he titled "Podesta Spirit Cooking Emails Reveal Clinton’s Inner Circle as Sex Cult with Connections to Human Trafficking". Although he alleges he bases this Conspiracy Theory on an Email leaked by WikiLeaks, he doesn't say which Email he's referring to.
On 18 July 2017, Mike tweeted: "The ADL is trying to get my family murdered."
The Alt Right
Although many People believe Mike is part of the Alt Right, Mike made a Statement on 22 November 2016 on periscope.tv that is unequivocal: "I am not Alt Right, therefore I can't be controlled Opposition. Who ... what am I doing? I'm not in your dumb Movement." He made this Statement after Hailgate. Over one Year before Hailgate, on 28 October 2015, he had tweeted: "People must learn there is no left or right. National Review *and* Salon support pedophiles. Only the alt-right has the answers." Back when he was Part of the Alt Right, he thought it was "an edgier, aggressive, unapologetic Version of the Right".
The German Word "Lügenpresse"
Mike has heavily criticised Richard Spencer and the Alt Right's use of the Term "Lügenpresse": "Do you speak German Motherf*****s? You don't even speak German Motherf*****s! [You're] trying to act like you know what the f*** you're talking about, using some German Term."
Mike believes "there's an open Paedophile Ring on Twitter." He claims there was a Twitter Account that was shut down "for exposing Paedophiles on Twitter".
Criticises Wikipedia, promotes Infogalactic
Punched, claims to punch back in Self-Defence
On 15 April 2017, Mike showed up at a rally that was convened with the purpose of demanding that Donald Trump release his tax returns. After a speaker finished talking, Mike quickly walked over to the microphone and started saying repeatedly: "Bill Clinton is a rapist." Everyone started booing and he and the person he was with, Joe Biggs, started walking away when suddenly someone punched toward Mike and missed, hitting his camera, after which Mike claimed he punched him in self defence in the presence of law enforcement.
Emma Roller "okay" gesture tweet
In April 2017, Emma Roller, a writer for fusion.net, posted a tweet with a picture of Cassandra Fairbanks and Mike doing the "okay" gesture and that stated they were "just two people doing a white power hand gesture in the White House". Cassandra said she would sue, something she followed through on on 31 May, filing a lawsuit for $100,000. The Anti-Defamation League has expressly said the hand gesture Cassandra and Mike were making, the "okay" gesture, is not a hate symbol. The Editor-in-Chief of fusion.net, Dodai Stewart, responded to news about the lawsuit with the following statement: "This suit is an obvious publicity stunt and an attempt to intimidate reporters who scrutinize the activities of the extreme right. We fully support Emma and will defend her." Cassandra pointed out that she is of partial Puerto Rican heritage. "Independent" posted the Tweet and Article shown below:
Pivots "from a Pro-Trump-Guy to more of a journalistic Guy"
After Anthony Scaramucci was fired from his job as Donald Trump's Communications Director on 31 July 2017, Mike "pivoted from a pro-Trump guy to more of a journalistic guy", stating that "Basic game theory is that if you have no upside and you have a downside [to backing someone] -- and with Trump, you have a considerable downside -- then you don't make that move."
In a Periscope-Broadcast on 8 August 2017 , Mike said: "If you are a Pro-Trump-Person, you are going to get screwed. And if you are an Obama-Holdover, you're going to be safe and sound ... Me, I'm just a Journalist, I'm calling it clean."
In a 10 August 2017 Periscope broadcast, Mike said: "People go: 'Why you pivoting to Journalism?' Well, I mean, if I'm giving the best Advice in the World to Trump and he's not listening to my Advice, then I'm going to do other Things with my Time."
Confuses "higher" with "hire"
East Asian, Indian, and Jewish wealth all hire than black, latin, and white.— Mike Cernovich 🇺🇸 (@Cernovich) October 14, 2017
Now what? https://t.co/Kop4DDhsxm
Posts Jake Offenhartz's Picture on Twitter
Freelance Reporter Jake Offenhartz says that Mike used a Picture he took during his Appearance at Columbia University on Twitter. The Banner gave the Impression that the Leftist Protesters there were pro-paedophilic, because it said "No white Supremacy", "No Pedo Bashing" and "No Mike Cernovich", but in Reality it was planted, Jake says. Mike then posted it on Twitter without mentioning that Jake had said it was planted, giving the Impression that the leftists Protesters were pro-paedophilic. Jake told Twitter Mike was using his Photo and Twitter took it down, but it was subsequently reposted by Paul Joseph Watson, who tweeted: "They are trying to censor this image. It's coffin nails to the left. Retweet the c**p out of it. Streisand effect!". It got over 20,000 Shares. This is the Tweet Jake tweeted the Picture in:
Alt right strikes first at Columbia Cernovich event, plants NAMBLA-branded sign in front of protest march pic.twitter.com/IAw6yIeINC— Jake Offenhartz (@jangelooff) 30. Oktober 2017
Andrew Torba says on Gab that Mike blocked
On 2 March 2018, Gab-CEO Andrew Torba posted on Gab:
Tweets that a Reporter "asked people to send him sex videos of" him
A male writer for the Hill asked people to send him sex videos of me.— Mike Cernovich 🇺🇸 (@Cernovich) June 2, 2018
Why are creepy media men soliciting revenge porn? That’s how gross modern journalism is.
Zero rules, no decency, creepy beyond belief.
Yes my lawyer sent a cease and desist, he also told me not to call attention to fake stories, but I’m tired of these media creeps asking people to send them naked pictures of me and emailing me questions from my stalkers. https://t.co/CLEq4qWEXx— Mike Cernovich 🇺🇸 (@Cernovich) June 2, 2018
- Mike on Twitter
- Mike on Periscope
- Mike on Facebook
- Michael Cernovich (28 June 2015). "Gorilla Mindset". p. 11. "Introduction", Section "Who is Mike Cernovich:". amazon.com. Retrieved 19 October 2017. ISBN 978-1514672112
- "Cerno News Interviews Blonde in The Belly of The Beast". YouTube Channel Mike Cernovich. Published 4 October 2017. Retrieved 1 December 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (6 December 2016). @Cernovich. twitter.com. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (17 November 2015). @Cernovich. twitter.com. Retrieved 20 March 2017.
- "Mike Cernovich and Dave Rubin: Donald Trump and the War on Free Speech (Full Interview)". 6:11. YouTube. The Rubin Report. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- Mike Cernovich. @Cernovich. twitter.com. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Andrew Marantz (31 October 2016). "Trolls for Trump". newyorker.com. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Simon Murdoch (10 May 2017). "THE FAR-RIGHT 'ALT-LIGHT' IN THE WHITE HOUSE". hopenothate.org.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Julie Alderman, Brendan Karet (27 March 2017). "What 60 Minutes Didn't Mention About "Alt-Right" Men's Rights Activist Mike Cernovich". mediamatters.org. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- "What I got Alt-Wrong about the Alt-Right". Mike Cernovich YouTube Channel. Streamed live 15 August 2017. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- Justin Wm. Moyer. Perry Stein (23 June 2017). "'Alt-right' and 'alt-lite'? Dueling rallies planned for Sunday in D.C." standard.net. Originally on washingtonpost.com. Archived at archive.org. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- Matthew Sheffield (23 November 2016). "Man who did Nazi salute with Tila Tequila outside Richard Spencer’s alt-right conference is Jewish, and it’s causing problems". salon.com. Retrieved 2 June 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (18 August 2017). "#Barcelona, alt-left, Rebel Media black mail #CernoNews". periscope.tv. Retrieved 22 August 2017.
- "Mike Cernovich and Dave Rubin: Donald Trump and the War on Free Speech (Full Interview)". 6:45. YouTube. The Rubin Report. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- "Mike Cernovich Periscope On Baked Alaska". 0:32. YouTube. iBankCoin.com. Published 28 December 2016. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (9 August 2017). "Paranoid McMaster frames Jews as being my source, pro-Zionist group responds". 11:05. periscope.tv. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- Andrew Marantz (31 October 2016). "Trolls for Trump". newyorker.com. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "We are pleased to welcome Cyra ... ". twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 28 December 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (8 December 2017). "On Natural Child Birth, Mid-Wives, and Doulas (Gorilla Mindset Baby)". dangerandplay.com. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (5 August 2017). "Deep State hits new low! McMaster cronies claiming enlisted soldiers and those who didn't deploy are fake". 0:18. periscope.tv. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Scott Greenfield (24 February 2016). "CROSS: MIKE CERNOVICH, THE 800 LB. GORILLA LAWYER". mimesislaw.com. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (5 August 2017). "Deep State hits new low! McMaster cronies claiming enlisted soldiers and those who didn't deploy are fake". 1:19. periscope.tv. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (2 November 2015). "Seth Rogen Got Cucked on Twitter by His Wife (Here’s How)". dangerandplay.com. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "Well, she definitely would ... " twitter.com. Archived at archive.org. 10 October 2015. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "What I got Alt-Wrong about the Alt-Right". 38:25. Mike Cernovich YouTube Channel. Publshed Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (22 November 2016). "Alt-right subverted by controlled opposition". 7:00. periscope.tv. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (22 November 2016). "Alt-right subverted by controlled opposition". 1:00. periscope.tv. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (22 November 2016). "Alt-right subverted by controlled opposition". 2:10. periscope.tv. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (22 November 2016). "Alt-right subverted by controlled opposition". 19:31. periscope.tv. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- The Associated Press (19 December 2002). "David Duke Pleads Guilty To Tax Charge And Fraud". nytimes.com. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (22 November 2016). "Alt-right subverted by controlled opposition". 5:00. periscope.tv. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (3 November 2016). "Podesta Spirit Cooking Emails Reveal Clinton’s Inner Circle as Sex Cult with Connections to Human Trafficking". dangerandplay.com. Retrieved 20 May 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (18 July 2017). "The ADL is trying to get my family murdered." twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 29 August 2017. Retrieved 10 November 2017.
- Allan Smith (27 December 2016). "Alt-right movement descends into civil war after leading figure is booted from Trump inauguration event". businessinsider.com. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (22 November 2016). "Alt-right subverted by controlled opposition". periscope.tv. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (28 October 2015). People must learn ... . twitter.com. Archived version. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "What I got Alt-Wrong about the Alt-Right". 0:22. Mike Cernovich YouTube Channel. Published 15 August 2017. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (22 November 2016). "Alt-right subverted by controlled opposition". periscope.tv. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (22 November 2016). "Alt-right subverted by controlled opposition". 47:30. periscope.tv. Retrieved 17 January 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (8 January 2017). @Cernovich. twitter.com. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
- "BAM EXCLUSIVE: Joe Biggs and Mike Cernovich attacked at Austin rally". YouTube. Borderland Alternative Media. Retrieved 12 July 2017
- William Steakin (15 April 2017). "Alt-right leader Mike Cernovich punched in the face at Tax March rally". aol.com. Retrieved 12 July 2017.
- Emma Roller (28 April 2017). just two people ... . twitter.com. Archived at archive.org. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- Cristina Laila (29 April 2017). "Cassandra Fairbanks on The Independent Hit Piece – Will Sue (VIDEO)". thegatewaypundit.com. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- Cristopher Brennan (2 June 2017). "Right-wing reporter sues Fusion writer over 'white power hand gesture' tweet". nydailynews.com. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "No, the 'OK' Gesture Is Not a Hate Symbol". adl.org. 1 May 2017. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- Emily Shugerman (29 April 2017). "Two members of alt-right accused of making white supremacist hand signs in White House after receiving press passes". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- MAGGIE HABERMAN, MICHAEL D. SHEAR, GLENN THRUSH (31 July 2017). "Trump Removes Anthony Scaramucci From Communications Director Role". nytimes.com. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (31 July 2017). "Real talk on #Scaramucci firing". 8:50. pscp.tv. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (31 July 2017). "Real talk on #Scaramucci firing". 13:30. pscp.tv. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- Mike Cernoivch (8 August 2017). "Behind the scenes of the pro-Trump movement". periscope.tv. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- Mike Cernovich (10 August 2017). Paranoid McMaster fired NSC employee for criticizing radical Islam, parallels to Google memo". 13:42. periscope.tv. Retrieved 11 August 2017.
- "Jake Offenhartz". linkedin.com. Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- Jake Offenhartz (31 October 2017). "Mike Cernovich Stole My Photo, Lied About It On Twitter, And Sold Trump Jr. On Yet Another Fake Conspiracy". gothamist.com. Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- Paul Joseph Watson (30 October 2017). "They are trying to censor this image..." twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 20 November 2017. Retrieved 4 December 2017.
- Mike Pearl (4 November 2017). "No, NAMBLA Is Not Protesting the Alt-Right for 'Pedo Bashing'". vice.com. Retrieved 4 December 2017.