The Rebel Media, Rebel Media, The Rebel, Rebel or therebel.media has been described by Nick Ryan, Director of Communications for the Group Hope not Hate, as a "far-right alternative news outfit". "Vice News" considers The Rebel Media "Canada’s alt-right media torchbearer". It was founded by Ezra "Rebel Commander" Levant, who self-identifies as a Jew. The Rebel Media's French-Language-Site is lerebelle.media. Gavin McInnes and Tommy Robinson are among Rebel Media-Contributors. Lauren Southern was a Contributor before going independent in March 2017.
- 1 2017
- 2 2018
- 3 Quotes about therebel.media
- 4 External links
- 5 References
Lauren Southern leaves The Rebel Media
- [Y]ou know, I can't get into too much Detail about what went down at Rebel, but I do wish them the Best of Luck on their future Endeavors and I hope they make awesome Videos, but it is Time for me to do my own Thing.
Caolan Robertson and George Llewelyn-John leave The Rebel Media
In August 2017, Caolan Robertson, who had been a UK-Rebel-Correspondent since 14 March 2017, left The Rebel Media. George Llewelyn-John, Caolan's Partner, was also fired. In a Video titled "WHY I LEFT THE REBEL MEDIA", Caolan claimed that Ezra Levant flew to the UK "to offer $20,000, to make sure" Caolan would stay positive about The Rebel Media. Caolan claims that Ezra suppressed a Story about what Caolan alleges looked like UKIP-electoral-Fraud; that Ezra sued Robert P.J. Day, who had, under his Twitter-Handle @canadiancynic, "criticized a Rebel-promoted crowdfunding campaign for Fort McMurray disaster relief" because he wanted to drive Robert to Suicide; that Lauren Southern didn't leave The Rebel Media, but rather was fired after refusing, Caolan alleges, to make a Video to ask for Money for an Israel-Trip that The Rebel Media was doing, when there was, Caolan says, already enough money; and that "when you donate to a Rebel-Campaign, you're actually giving Money to a Business, not a Charity". Ezra claims that Caolan and George were blackmailing him.
Ezra Levant goes on Infowars
On 20 July 2017, Ezra Levant, who had recently returned from a Trip to Iraq, went on Alex Jones's Infowars for a roughly 17-Minute Talk, during which he asserted that Muslim Refugees were being favoured over Christians. "You're a real Trailblazer in alternative Media", Ezra said to Alex.
Laura Loomer leaves The Rebel Media
Laura Loomer left The Rebel Media on 20 September 2017. On 24 September, she tweeted: "I have parted ways with @TheRebelTV and look forward to what the future holds." She said in a Phone Interview: "It’s Ezra’s Company at the End of the Day. And I’m grateful he gave me the Opportunity that he gave me to work for The Rebel for the three Months that I did work for them." At the End of the Interview, she said:
- I left because there were Disagreements over how I could use my social Media, and I just couldn’t approve of that. I wasn’t willing to, like, not tweet about anything besides Rebel-Stories, because essentially then I wouldn’t be able to use my Voice.
Jay Fayza leaves The Rebel Media
On 29 October 2017, Jay Fayza tweeted:
I left Rebel Media. But still making fresh memes. Check it out, peeps.https://t.co/qRHipP7FTb— Jay Fayza⚓🍁 (@JayFayza) October 29, 2017
According to Journalist Jonah Bennett, Jay posted these Facebook-Posts upon his Departure:
Yet another person out at The Rebel Media. Ouch. pic.twitter.com/12CZHMWvGD— Jonah Bennett (@BennettJonah) October 29, 2017
Update: pic.twitter.com/saMGi2MWv7— Jonah Bennett (@BennettJonah) November 3, 2017
Katie Hopkins joins
Quotes about therebel.media
- Nick Ryan (21 June 2017). "Tommy Robinson: Just What Is He Good For?" huffingtonpost.co.uk. Retrieved 25 June 2017.
- Tamara Khandaker (10 March 2017). "The alt-right's not-so-secret weapon". news.vice.com. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- SIMON HOUPT (14 August 2017). "Rebel Media co-founder quits over company's ties to right-wing groups". theglobeandmail.com. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "Ezra Levant vs. Antifa activist in Australia! (UPDATED)" YouTube. Rebel Media. Published 28 April 2017. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Gavin McInnes, Rebel Host". therebel.media. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- "Tommy Robinson, UK Contributor". therebel.media. Retrieved 10 July 2017.
- Lauren Southern (9 March 2017). "Going Independent". 0:58. YouTube. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "ALT RIGHT 'FREE SPEECH RALLY' IN BERKELEY ON APRIL 15TH". antifascistnews.net. 4 April 2017. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Lauren Southern Archived". therebel.media. Archived from the Original on 12 June 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Lauren Southern (9 March 2017). "Going Independent". 0:29. YouTube-Channel Lauren Southern. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- Lauren Southern (9 March 2017). "Going Independent". 1:03. YouTube-Channel Lauren Southern. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
- "Caolan Robertson ARCHIVES". Archived from the Original on 9 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "WHY I LEFT THE REBEL MEDIA." YouTube-Channel The Culture Report. Published 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- GRAEME GORDON, JONATHAN GOLDSBIE (17 August 2017). "Ex-Rebel Contributor Makes Explosive Claims In YouTube Video". canadalandshow.com. Archived from the Original on 8 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "WHY I LEFT THE REBEL MEDIA." 2:46. YouTube-Channel The Culture Report. Published 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Sean Craig (11 June 2016). "Ezra Levant sues second Twitter user for criticizing Fort McMurray disaster relief campaign". nationalpost.com. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "WHY I LEFT THE REBEL MEDIA." 6:09. YouTube-Channel The Culture Report. Published 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Blackmail: Setting the record straight". YouTube-Channel Rebel Media. Published 17 August 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Graeme Gordon (21 July 2017). "Ezra Levant Goes On Alex Jones's Infowars". canadalandshow.com. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Eyewitness To Mass Extermination Of Christians In The Middle East Tells All". 5:39. The Alex Jones Channel YouTube Channel. Published 20 July 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- "Rebel Media Loses Another High-Profile Contributor". canadalandshow.com. Retrieved 4 October 2017.
- Laura Loomer (24 September 2017). "I have parted ways with @TheRebelTV ... " twitter.com. Archived from the Original on 24 September 2017. Retrieved 4 October 2017.